Really I just want to hear everyone else talk about any/all of the following:
- What specific characteristics of the game set it up for discussion as “the greatest video game of all time”?
- Is the lore intentionally impenetrable? What comparisons can we make with the lore of other storyworlds and/or on other platforms?
- What are the affordances of the game for various kinds of player-performers?
- What role does virtuosity play in the discourse of the game and around the game, and/or in the performances of individual player-performers (and kinds of player-performers)?
- What characteristics does it share with Flip Flop Solitaire, Paradise Lost, jazz, Spelunky, and the Platonic Form of the Living Card Game?
We’ll meet at the usual time: Thursday at 8:30pm EST / 7:30pm CST / 5:30pm PST.